Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I have a lot of posts on here like this but I am still a little confused what to do....I am going into PR....because I do enjoy the classes, and I a lot of them involve a lot of writing and media studies you know, which I am interested in....I am basically good at it and that's why I'm doing it. However, I would be much more comfortable doing into something like counseling, or teaching. These are the jobs that make less money, and money is really not that important to me, but I know that it will be more important and it would be nice to have more money if I am ever in any kind of a crisis...anyways, just looking for some advice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, Jess. I have found that I have changed my major, and done a lot of other things because they are "more comfortable." If you are going into PR because you are good at it, and its something you really want to do, don't let yourself get scared of what that course of action entails. I feel like I have done this, especially with college, and it has derailed my life. Also, once you get your degree, it is relatively easy (at least where I go,) to get a second degree or a teaching liscense, should you decide to go into some other field.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you should try and do what you love and not what will make the most money. I have switched my college major so many damn times that I will be in college forever. I am doing business right now because I want to be able to support my family and I know I can do it, but I really want to do Medical School but I don't think I could do it. I think in the end if I do business and not go to medical school, I will regret it for the rest of my life. I hope that I will get up the courage to go to med school so hopefully the meds I get tomorrow start to help. Sorry, this isn't that great of advice, but I would just say to do what you think will make you happy.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i think you should do what u love and not worry about how much money you make. i think it's important to love to do what you want to do cause you'll going to be doing it for a really long time.

i majored in something that i hate instead of something that i love cause of money. when i graduate i can make 90,000 but i'm so miserable because i have no intersiet in this major at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts