Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.
OKAY.

So I'm new to my school :I and I'am sort of a 'unique' person for the students there since I have social anxiety. :< People mistake my anxiety and shyness for being rude since whenever they talk to me I take my time to answer, and they think I'm ignoring them since I avoid them in the eyes. :(

So there's this girl that I think really dislikes me (even if I didn't do anything to her like seriously.) I try to become friends with her but it seems that she really dislikes me for no reason. Because of her, I had this emotional depression, and have been isolated for a while, and having panic attacks or getting paranoid. It just makes me sad on how her and her group just looks at me with this bad stares.

It makes me feel different :< Like I don't belong at school. I tried talking to my mom about this but she doesn't understand. She keeps on telling me to be strong, but having this anxiety really doesn't help me. :( any tips?

·
Sea of clouds.
223 Posts
I don't feel good that this hasn't been responded to, so I'll give it a shot.

I think sometimes we think of others' opinions as objective, or representing "complete truth". I don't know the situation, but it's possible that this girl is just a total [redacted]. Some people are like that. But by focusing only on her you could be missing out on the other people out there that will like and appreciate you and won't "dislike you for no reason".

I imagine it is rather frustrating. I've been in a similar situation before. Try to remember that this girl doesn't determine your self-worth. Whatever her opinions are are a product of her own life experiences and prejudices... not right, not wrong, just different.

·
&#915;&#932;&#918;&#924;
3,732 Posts
Oops, I wanted to respond to this one but I forgot (or I had hit the 50 post limit). I quote so that he sees the answers.

It makes me feel different :< Like I don't belong at school. I tried talking to my mom about this but she doesn't understand. She keeps on telling me to be strong, but having this anxiety really doesn't help me. :( any tips?
I concur with marenubrium, sometimes people will irrationally dislike you for no reason at all and you'll get this awful feeling of "there must be something wrong with me". When in reality, it's them who have the problem. Don't play into the trap of trying to appeal to them. Simply mark them as someone whose opinion doesn't mean anything to you and focus on the people who matter.

But be careful not to take their digs in stride too, always stand up for yourself.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
You need Zoloft to numb your emotions better than benzocaine.

·
Banned
256 Posts
I don't feel good that this hasn't been responded to, so I'll give it a shot.

I imagine it is rather frustrating. I've been in a similar situation before. Try to remember that this girl doesn't determine your self-worth. Whatever her opinions are are a product of her own life experiences and prejudices... not right, not wrong, just different.
No you are dead wrong all it takes is the opinion of any of the top 20 popular kids in school to destroy any self worth you could have in school.

OP you better hope that girl wasnt a popular one because they are infamous of spreading heinous rumors to ruin the rep of people they dont like.Including unpopular people are their favorite targets.

·
Registered
222 Posts
No you are dead wrong all it takes is the opinion of any of the top 20 popular kids in school to destroy any self worth you could have in school.

OP you better hope that girl wasnt a popular one because they are infamous of spreading heinous rumors to ruin the rep of people they dont like.Including unpopular people are their favorite targets.
People like that who quickly believe obviously false negative stories aren't worth anyones time to begin with. Letting them get to you can damage you for your entire life, it's kind of happened to many people on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts