Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm 49, and wondered if there were any others around here who remember seeing the Moon Landing...live?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Help the Aged --- oh my - that is so funny I almost spit water all over my monitor.

I was born in '65 - I'm 43 and no, I don't directly remember the moon landing, sorry... I wish I did. I do remember when Challenger exploded though - I was in college. I remember Watergate - uhhh.... it was neverending and I hated that it pre-empted everything on TV.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey YetAgain welcome.

I was just a bit too young to remember the moon landing if I watched it live but I know we have a few other members here who are old enough to have seen it live... and if they've been taking their ginkgo biloba they just might remember it. ;)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Help the Aged --- oh my - that is so funny I almost spit water all over my monitor.

I was born in '65 - I'm 43 and no, I don't directly remember the moon landing, sorry... I wish I did. I do remember when Challenger exploded though - I was in college. I remember Watergate - uhhh.... it was neverending and I hated that it pre-empted everything on TV.
I was in college too when the Challenger exploded. All the t.v.'s were showing the coverage.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, YetAgain! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'm old by SAS standards, but even I'm not that old. I was born 4 years after the moon landing.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I was in college too when the Challenger exploded. All the t.v.'s were showing the coverage.
I remember that being all the news about school back when it happened when I was in 7th grade. By this point space shuttle launches had become so common that they were no longer a news event unless they exploded.

·
Improving
987 Posts
Hi YetAgain,

Welcome to SAS!

Yes, I remember it. I was at my grandparents house with my parents and brothers watching it as it happened. I even remember JFK's funeral 6 years earlier. They had a TV at my school showing coverage of it and we spent the day watching it.

There's a few of us here on SAS who are old enough to remember these things.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Broken Dreams: thanks. I was at my granny's house when JFK died, but even at three years old, you pick up on 'atmospheres'; I went up to my mother and asked "be sy matar?", a child's Welsh for "what's wrong?" and she lifted me on to her lap and said the President was dead. Of course, at that age you don't know what a President or even America is, but there was a general sense of gloom in that room. It's strange what sticks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts