Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am a 20 year old student living with social anxiety. Recently I've been feeling really low. I don't have any close friends (I lost them) and I live with my parents. No one will hire me because they say I that I'm too shy, can't deal with people and would turn customers off. I feel useless and worthless and my only life is my University studies. I don't feel I am living anymore I feel like a robot wasting my life, waiting for University to start again. I'm gay and was bullied for most of my teenage life. I've never had a boyfriend and have never felt like I belonged anywhere.

I really regret my teenage years, especially now having turned 20, I will never get to be a teenager again. This thought has hit me hard the last few months and I keep wishing I had had the guts to be proud of myself and stand up. I wish more than anything that I had had more fun when I was a teenager instead of being so stressed about my studies. I didn’t have many friends and none of them were close friends. I wish I could go back and be confident, go to all the parties, have fun, be wild, be free.

I need help soon or I feel I may do something foolish. I just want to feel alive. I don't see the purpose of my life anymore. What should I do. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get immediate professional help, fast. Don't' wait, goggle first for a way to articulate the most important things about your condition. Rank them for importance, really importance, then locate a conventional doctor, as well as someone well known for herbal solutions, true known experts that match your mindset, but consider out of the box thinking, then contact them, explain your list, listen to their options, weight them then decide.

You are what you eat? Eat smart, healthy, 20g. of fiber a day.

Drink lots of the best water, tripled filtered, or find a local spring with a stellar reputation.

Eat plenty of fresh vegetables.

Learn to cook, really cook. Make it a true hobby of fascination.

Create a secure diary to systematically record all the informatics of you mind, body and soul, as well as what you eat, when, amount, quantity, and the full effects. Record all that and really track what works and does not work, and under what conditions. Think of it as a scientific adventure, your adventure, a truly great adventure to unravel mysteries of the universe, and where you fit.

Try to do so with gusto and awe of the learning process, and with a joy of the great mystery: Question and explore. Think big, really big, and maintain your balance.

Consider organic when possible, and avoid artificial stuff, read the labels.

Exercise, really exercise, get the heart pounding a few hours a week, and mix it up.

Consider yoga, or some other system that will help train mindfulness, balance, calm under fire, Utube.

Regardless, study, ponder then decide on a system that matches your path through this universe.

Bryan

PS: Get a great and full night of sleep, the best, on a wonderful mattress, and pillow as 1/3 of our life is in a bed. So, research the very best for your body and mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been feeling low myself, just like you but seems to me that life is really just starting out for you. I mean i know it might sound stupid to you but just getting education despite your SA is a step forward, your parents are probably proud. Now being bullied for being gay must have been terrible for you..and just hiding it was probably a nightmare. I think you should take a stand forward and inform certain people about being gay. Im pretty sure there are a lot of gay communities out there who will support you and relate to u. Your only 20, its normal you want to live it up a lil, and don't worry that you never had a bf its not the end of the world,u will more than likely meet one anyways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel like im reading about my condition.. Im 21, also gay but no one knows about it, although i have been bullied a lot for being a bit feminine.. Now im getting to a point in my life when i feel im not living as i want, im not doing anything that makes me happy, i havent had boyfriend - i feel empty in every meaning of the word. Im feeling soo uncomfortable around people eventhough i would love to socialize more.. I know its hard, and almost know how you feel but you have to stay brave.. Find some hobbies, exercise, change completely your lifestyle.. Im trying all of this myself and by making baby steps every day im moving towards my goal.. You can do the same :) good luck :*

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Most of us with SAD have things we regret missing out on in the past. The longer you take to get professional help the more you will miss out on. Most universities offer students free therapy or psychiatric help, you should take advantage of it while you are still enrolled.

With respect to getting a job, you might try looking for positions that don't require much interaction with customers, like data entry.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, CJS20! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for the advice. I think I'm going to get some help from a therapist and take up exercise. Hopefully I can turn around things soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, newbie here.
Well, I'm a 20 year old university student going through pretty similar experience as far as SA, depression, and just overall hopelessness. You are not alone. If you ever want to vent or receive some light/comfort you can contact me on my page thing.
All my best to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts