Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, greetings from the new member here.

So I have a problem that have bugged me for the last three weeks. Should I quit my part time job?

Last month, I didn't get a scholarship so I decided to work part time in my college. Thus I went for an interview as an assistant to one of professors who teaching me in class. He promised me that my job only requires me to work on campus for 16 hours per week. I agreed to work for him for 3 months. However, after working for one month, I can clearly see the flaws. He instructed me to go off campus to collect surveys for his research project. What makes thing worse is when I spent much money for fuel alone and I couldn't claim money I spent for fuel. My professor also didn't pay for extra hours I worked per week.He stated that I am not doing a good job and why would he pay. He is also an arrogant and bossy person. He always looks for petty mistakes that I did and he won't listen to any suggestion I suggested.

To make situation even worse, I start to lose focus on my studies. I spent most of my free time to sleep. My depression level is also increasing. I want to quit but thinking that he's my professor, I decided to stay for another 2 months. And thank God I got a scholarship this month. How should I tell him I want to quit?

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Just tell him that working is interfering with your studies. If he's a professor, surely he will understand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts