Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting married in two weeks, and I'm scared of everyone watching me, especially at the reception. We're having a pretty festive reception. I'm shy to dance :afr. Then there's the conversation. I'm gonna have to speak in Spanish and English. I don't wanna embarrass myself. AH! How did you get through your wedding day?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I know it sounds like something out of a Julia Roberts (where she always runs out on the weddings) movie but I tried to keep eye contact with my husband. By focusing on him I was able to blot out most of the rest. I remember feeling so freaked out. I probably looked at my watch a lot. I know I didn't eat anything - my biggest regret (all that money they spent on the food and I didn't get to try any of it - or if I did I sure don't remember). The dance - just try to get lost in hubby's eyes and arms and body - feel the music and try to get lost in it. Oh, the bi-lingual talking thing would freak me out... see if you husband would be willing to pick you up romanticallly and carry you out of the room (ala Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentleman). Let him make it like ya'll just can't wait on more minute to go start your lives together and be on your honeymoon.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I have been married twice but I never had a big wedding with the reception and all that. I chose to have small chapel weddings. Sorry, not much help I guess. :stu

·
Registered
67 Posts
My husband and I eloped! With the blessing of our friends and families of course :) We just didn't want to deal with the BIG DEAL! Also, we have family in different countries, it would have been very complicated and stressful!

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Only thing I could say is that they are going to be happy for you so even if you dance bad they won't hold it against you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts