Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Please vote for the name that you prefer.

• Mandalyn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clara

• Jadyn

• Ava

• Jada

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so as some of you already know I'm planning on trying for a baby this summer. Throughout my life, I've probably given more thought to naming my future child than most people give to planning their weddings!! Obviously my ideas about names have changed a lot over the years. I've listed my current interests for girls in this post. I'll do boys in another.

I realize that the list may not include any names to your liking, but I'm interested in your vote for the one you prefer the most. You can also post what you like or don't like about one of the names on the list.

I would also LOVE to hear your ideas for girls names, so post your favorites in here too!

Thanks guys :group

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
"My mother was a french prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet" - Dr. Evil in Austin Powers

I like Jadyn the best of those choices. I like Mandalyn too...reminds me of the musical instrument called a mandolin.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I like Chloe...also Mandalyn (mandy for short?) dirivitive of Mandolin?

I think Autumn Rose is cool too...tho that wasn't one of your choices...I think I like Jade.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jadyn is cute! :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I like Jada. :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Jada.

If i have a daughter, i'll probobly name her Camille or Nancy.

·
4,175 Posts
I like Ava best. It depends what her last name is going to be, though. Something that flows nicely with her last name would be good.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ooh how sweet!!!

I voted for Greta but I also liked Ava & Chloe.

I'm partial to "old" names like Clementine, Jolene, Penelope, Talulah, Ophelia, Josephine, Amelia, Genevieve...I could go on :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Awww!

I chose Chloe from you list. :}

Some names I think are cute are:

Meagen / Meaghan (pronounced as mee-gan)
Mia
Carmen
Talia
& Whitley

Good luck in deciding a name for your baby! I hope you come back and tell us what you chose. hehe :D

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
I voted for Clara.. our dog 's name is Chloe.. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Becky said:
Good luck Lynzee, you're gonna make a great mom :kiss
Thanks Becky :squeeze I'll do my best. :)

quietstorm said:
Greta is cute. Any reason why you picked these names?
Mandalyn I came up with when I was 14 because I liked the sound of Brandolyn and I liked the name Mandy. There was a song at the time called "Mandolin Rain" and I liked the flow of those words so I put together Mandalyn Jayne.

Greta reminds me of a little German girl with blonde pigtails. My husband and I are both German and he has blonde hair so I often picture our kids looking like him.

I try to stay away from really popular, common, or super trendy names, without going too far to the "odd" end of the spectrum. I generally like short, sweet names that have a gentle quality without being overly frilly. Lately, I have a tendency towards names that end in an A or N.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. It is very helpful. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts