Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm having alot of problems with my anxiety right now.

For the last couple weeks I've had to be out of school because of it. (I'd try to walk to the bus stop but my legs would feel like they weighed 2 tons.) My sister's been inviting her boyfriend over to the house every single weekend since October and that's starting to really bother me. I'm the type that I need to relax before I head into school. On top of that, he's been really stressed lately which has caused the stress levels in the house to increase dramatically.

I have a tutor that I've been going to the last couple days at the local library. After getting home from that yesterday, I lost it and went into a pretty bad panic attack. I've been feeling anxious ever since. I know it's not because of me having the panic attack, and there isn't really a reason for the anxiety that I can tell.

All I know is that I really need to calm down before tomorrow. Can anyone share a few relaxation techniques that I could use?

Posting on this forum is kind of hard for me..This is my first actual topic on here.. *Nervous*

:banana

·
Registered
690 Posts
I typically listen to music or do something else fun to get my mind off it. Taking a nap or doing some exercise to get your heart pumping helps too. Maybe look into an activity especially a physical one to help alleviate stress when you get like this.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Try this: lie on your back, with your head on a small pillow. Have your arms and legs straight, arms at your sides, palms up. Take a deep breath in, and breathe out slowly. On the out breath, relax your feet, let them fall out to the side. On the next out breath, relax your calves and lower legs. Next breath, relax your thighs. Carry on relaxing a bit at a time, always on the out breath, feel your weight pulling you down into the floor. When your body's nice and relaxed, concentrate on your breathing; take a deep breath in and concentrate on breathing out as slowly as possible. Try to relax your mind by concentrating on your breathing and nothing else.

You can do this in bed before going to sleep. If you're going to get up after doing this, do it slowly and gently.

·
Banned
133 Posts
All good suggestions and I'll add one more. Sit and relax for ten-15 minutes and visualize yourself being relaxed and successful. Always, always, always visualize success and relaxation. When those images in your head are positive, you feel relaxed; when they are negative, you feel more anxious. Always try your best to visualize success and you will find that you'll relax much more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.