Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez, after posting this thread, the spacing I put between the #s to make the chart easier to read ****ed up so I color coded the difference between payments balances etc, I really hope you can read the chart!!!!:afr

This is not as hard as it looks, Please, Please read this thread and help me, it's easy, I really need your help

-Below is not any sensitive personal financial info, it's just the fees etc that my college is listing that I've paid or owe, it's my account balance(what I've paid, what I owe to the school). What I want is your opinion, I want you look at the info that is below, explain what you think the info in my account balance below means, and make a couple calculations with your computer calculator, draw some conclusions, and tell me what you come up with, how much I owe, what my refund should be, etc-PLEASE!, this is important!

After I see some of your responses, if some of you come up with what I came up with, I'll respond as to why I i needed your opinions/calculations.

First, read this background info and factor it into your calculations, into what you see in the account balance below it.

---I signed up for dorms late, so instead of paying the $500 housing deposit first, and paying the dorm balance later, I paid it all at once, which came out to $3,130, which includes the $500 deposit.

---I signed up for 3 classes and 3 classes cost $9,255.

---My financial aid award is$8,451.

Fall 2009 Account Balance:
$9,255.00

Description----------------Charge -------Payment -------------Balance

Housing Deposit--------------$500.00 -------------------------$0.00
Housing--------------------$3,130.00 -------------------------$3,130.00
Tuition- Undergrad---------$9,255.00 --------------------------$6,125.00
Housing Deposit-------------------------$500.00 --------------$0.00
Web Credit Card Payment----------------$3,130.00 ------------$0.00

Term Charges:
------------$12,885.00
Term Credits and Payments:-----------$3,630.00
Term Balance: -----------------------------------------------$9,255.00

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its looks like you paid twice for the housing deposit, the overall total sb $12385 and not $12885. Also, part of the payment (3130) went against the Tuition and not the housing costs. You still owe $304, ($12385 - $3630 - $8451).

Edit: After looking again, the $500 for deposit was added both to the total due and payments which would cancel each other out. Total due would be $804.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
It looks like the housing deposit was billed twice but it also looks like there is a $500 credit that offsets that? Cause it shows your $3,130.00 payment and then an extra payment of $500. You're sure you only paid $3,130? If so, then the $500 must be a credit unless they charged your card for the $500- you should check that out. Your total credits and payments are $3,630, not the $3,130 that you said you paid.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like the housing deposit was billed twice but it also looks like there is a $500 credit that offsets that? Cause it shows your $3,130.00 payment and then an extra payment of $500. You're sure you only paid $3,130? If so, then the $500 must be a credit unless they charged your card for the $500- you should check that out. Your total credits and payments are $3,630, not the $3,130 that you said you paid.
no, I my credit card was only charged once that $3,130 which includes the $500 deposit,-I didn't get charged twice for the deposit or anything like that on my credit card

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks to me that you owe $9,255 before financial aid, and like bcarroll said, the Housing payment was actually applied to your Tuition.

So it looks like they took the deposit, didn't take the Housing, and only partially paid for the tuition.
What does that mean, the housing payment applied to my tuition????

****!!!!!-Never mind, I just realized what you meant, Aghhhhhhhhh!!!!I'm gonna wait for a couple more responses before I post why I made this whole thread, and how I ****ing just sent a pissy *** email earlier today to the financial aid department!!!!!!!! Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****

1 - 5 of 5 Posts