Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so in january i went to a funeral. this guy ned and his mother and two younger brothers, frank and mickey, used to go to my church but had quit years back. ned was bipolar and addicted to heroin, and he intentionally ODed in january. my family went to his service, and it was the most emotional funeral i've ever been to. anyway, like a month ago i was thinking about it, and i added frank and mickey on facebook. i sent frank a message because i thought he looked like brett scallions from fuel must have looked as a teenager and said "i know this is random," and his response was a random story about a dream he had, and he sent me all these links to sites about controlling your dreams. so i said something back, i don't remember what, and he didn't say anything for a long time. and then like half an hour ago he messaged me and asked if i wanted to meet up sometime, but one on one because he has severe anxiety. i don't know what i should do. i haven't really seen him in FOREVER, and i have no idea what he's like now aside from what's on his facebook profile. what should i do???

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
You didn't see and talk to Frank back in January? I don't think meeting up would be bad. You might develop a friendship out of it. If you do, then find out what his plans are for the meetup.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Something about this doesn't sound right to me. I think you should get to know him better before meeting up. And then try to meet in a public place first if you're going to meet up. That's just how I see it.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mean, from his facebook i can tell he does have friends but (this is going to sound bad) seems to be kind of a strange person. when i got the message about dreams, i kinda thought he was on something. the only reason i'm hesitating (other than having anxiety about making a new friend) is the fact that i know he has been and could be weird.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I'd be cautious, and not meet up with him anywhere other than at a public place. Even if you know the family, people can hide their real intentions. Just be careful.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Sounds like the little voice is telling you to be cautious. Listen to the little voice.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i'm going to have to tell him i can't do it because of my anxiety. which is pretty much true, because i think it amplifies my fears about him being a weirdo as well as making me nervous about meeting one on one just on principle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts