Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you feel guilty when you don't say hello and goodbye to people you see on daily basis? it's not like i don't want to but i'm shy especially since i haven't talked to them but have had interaction with. i feel guilty but they don't care anyway. also if i do i feel like they'd get pissed off for some reason. people always seem to be pissy around me.

·
Brand New Day
151 Posts
I feel bad too if I don't saw anything, like I'm being rude. I still usually don't say anything, although I wonder if they are thinking "Gosh, what a rude girl!" I can;t yell out and call someone in a room of people either because I feel like they would all turn and look at me.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
I do daily..at office coz it takes so much of confidence wishing everyone before they do to u..m very rude at this n it makes me feel guilty!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I do this a lot, people think I'm rude or dont like them. I try to make it a point to go out of my way to greet them or tell them bye, but usually it comes off kinda forced sounding, almost angry

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Yep, and I do it A LOT. It's actually one of the hardest things for me to do, go out of my way to say hi and goodbye to people. At parties I don't, I just walk out. At work I say hi if they do first and bye if they do first otherwise I don't at all.

I must come across so rude, soigh.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I almost never say hello first. More often than not when I first see someone they'll say it so I'll say it back. But goodbye? Forget it, I suck at goodbyes. I usually just sort of slink off and disappear. I don't know why I have such issues with it. I either wait and wait until I can muster up the courage to tell someone I have to leave, or I just leave. I feel extremely rude when I do that, I don't mean to be. =(

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
I wonder if my way of saying goodbye to people is rude or cold. I say "see you", turn my back to leave, and say "goodbye" without looking at them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I say hi when I feel like it, and I do feel rude when I don't but then I see that that they sometimes aren't making an effort to say hello to me either so why should I?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts