Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site when I was looking for information about fluoxetine and really liked the vibe.

I've been living with depression and anxiety for a long time; I've been in treatment for about 12 years, but it goes back pretty much as long as I can remember.

Right now I feel ok most of the time. After some good and bad experiences of mental health care here in the UK I'm now training to be a mental health nurse - if I can help someone in the way that certain people helped me, I'll be happy.

I still have moments where the fear hits massively, and I still get the blues, but I think I have a hold on them for the time being.

So...Hi!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello shane, i've had personal experiences with fluoxetine and honestly it causes more harm than good. It does not give you an instant reaction or see any results immediately, but they say to take it for a month before you see any positive changes. I've spoken to other users who have said that it causes thoughts of suicide. When you take fluoxetine for a while you build up a tolerance and if abruptly stop taking them then you experience withdrawals, confusion, tremors and nausea. So just don't take them mate.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ShaneFlipFlop! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts