Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Jeanne, 47 years old from Tennessee. I've had social anxiety my whole life, but it seems to be getting worse. A lot of it seems to stem from low self esteem. By joining this site, I hope to gain some new understanding of myself and how to deal with my struggles. I need people who understand me and how I feel. I am lonely, because I can't make and maintain close friendships. Several lost friendships over the last several years have made me become more anxious and wonder if I am delusional to even have thought those people were my friends in the first place. I am afraid to trust people, so I am often detached.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I don't trust people either, I usually test them first by giving them a small lie to see how that goes down. First step, join SAS, nicely done! :)
There's heaps of helpful people on here, enjoy!

P.S. I don't know if you'll find it weird or not but feel free to talk to me (or anyone else) any time you need to, I know we have an age difference but I can be SURPRISINGLY mature at times :)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, AtokaSmith! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's nice to meet you all. I don't even know where to begin on this site. It seems a bit overwhelming. I welcome anyone who wants to talk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts