Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yay for the internet, someone to talk to. I'm a guy from new england.

I'm not entirely sure if I have social anxiety disorder (I guess that's denial?) but I've had problems talking to people all my life, especially people who could have some sort of importance in my future. It's basically like my throat locks up and I forget everything and anything I want to say. To talk to women in particular I basically have to write down what I'm going to say before hand and then it's still this weird fidgety display where my face turns red and I pray she drives the conversation before the 5 things I wrote down run out.. and to be completely honest until the last year I avoided girls completely unless they came up to me for some rare reason, thus it took me like 30 years to get up the courage just to try, and I still often feel like I'm going to throw up when it all begins. To talk to people other than girls it has gotten easier as the years go by (high school was HELL) but I still find I just don't like being around humans in general, I always feel like it's extremely difficult to find anyone like me.

I haven't read these forums much yet, just found them today, but I'm highly interested in what all of you have been giving eachother for 'cures' and suggestions. Thus far to me the only cure I can see is if I exercise until the point that I think I look good, which I'm honestly not sure if that's even achievable... and even then I still have to say something.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Daymos! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts