Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is kind of cool, I guess. I was just recently diagnosed with SA. I've had it all my life, it's come and gone, but have recently learned what my "issue" is. Panic attacks are pretty unmistakable. I really want to work on this before it gets any worse as I have some jobs that need me to be social and normal. Basically I don't want this to start interfering with work that I care about. It's ruined jobs and relationships for me in the past. Just fed up and am looking for help. I feel retarded, for lack of a better word. I know that's not it but I'm just tired of feeling like I'm stupid around others. I'm awesome in one on one conversations or in SMALL groups but the bigger they get the more awkward and lost I get. Losing hope.

Well, enough about my BS. Hello and how are all of you? Hopefully I can work on helping some of you as you help me through this. Who are you people?:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there
Completely the same with me - i'm the bomb with 1 on 1 conversations, but when the group is 8+ people, either i think "if i say this and that, people will think i'm weird and not funny at all" or my mind goes completely blank. I've also been avoiding making new friends on my own (whereas, when i'm with a friend - it's super easy and fun) and postoping following my dreams, as they involve communicating with a lot of people. So, naturally, i feel like sh*t a pretty good portion of the time. However, thanks to my background in psychology and psychotherapy, i'm off to a good start so from now on its perseverence & discipline.
So good luck to you, make baby steps and enjoy the process of becoming your true self

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, man. I've been doing a lot of reading on my own. Like you, I have a profound interest in psychology so that helps quite a bit. Just being here and reading a lot of everyone else's issues has helped me leaps and bounds. I don't feel quite as alone as I did. Now, when I'm out and about, it brings me comfort to to look at people and wonder what is going in their lives that they are struggling with. It's a bit judgmental but it helps take my mind off of myself, which is pretty nice. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, H4xMcG33! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts