Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'd always denied it when people said I was more than just shy. I didn't want to admit that I was so much worse than I let on. And then I fainted just trying to say, "The answer is two" (or something incredibly simple like that). I guess I realized that I wasn't hiding it from anyone, why hide it from myself? That's what this is about, isn't it? What I think others are thinking about me?

I had selective mutism waaaaay back when; I started talking to teachers in second or third grade. Some peers, however, remain difficult to this day, as I am a junior in high school. I wouldn't say at all that I still have SM, but talking has always been a struggle. That's why I write such lengthy, proof-read (about five times) introductions on a website I found maybe five minutes ago.

Anyways, hello there, you look stunning today, and thank you for welcoming me here.

-Bethy

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hi Bethany ^_^ I always thought I was just shy too!

I hope you like it here, I hope you meet some nice people :)

·
A Tenenbaum
147 Posts
Hey there Bethany.

Nice to meet you. I think all the proof-reading paid off because that was a solid introduction. I hope you find what you are looking for here!

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, BethanyL! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts