Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

After having browsed through the web, I came across this website and read all your posts and threads. I realized I have very much in common with everyone here and that I myself am a victim to this antagonizing anxiety. One thing I noticed though was nearly all those with this social phobia are in their adulthood and have developed this anxiety in high school/college or after graduation. As a 14 year old boy (in the present), I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones having discovered this phobia within myself at an early age. My only wish is to find a proper treatment for my phobia and hopefully share my treatment experience with you all in the hope that you will all be able to find a cure for yourselves and we would all be rid of this phobia. There is nothing wrong with our anxiety. Its what makes us human. We just can't let it interfere with our daily lives. I hope that I will be able to share some of my thoughts with you guys and maybe we can all be friends and work on our phobia together.

Cheers and to a bright future for us all!

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Welcome to SAS, Cool Breeze :) I find your optimism really refreshing. And trust me, you're not unlucky, in fact you're the opposite. Many people don't discover what SA is until they're adults, and the fact that you have that knowledge at such a young age means you can attack SA and nip it in the bud before it gets too out of hand. I look forward to reading your posts.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Benny, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, CoolBreeze! :)