Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Aaron:), I've had troubles with being shy my whole life but when I was in high school I developed anxiety disorder.

I started to get sick I would think it was something I ate or normal anxiety from being around girls, I got on pills and then lost the insurance to pay for it a lot of bad things happened after that(suicidal thoughts)

I never want to go to medicine again unless it natural, I have been trying to help myself naturally and I've came along way, but ever since I've been out of school its got worse I have nothing getting me around lots of people everyday...

I isolated myself in my house lost all my friends and now its a disaster when I try to get to new friends, I've been able to stop anxiety for awhile until the moment I'm afraid of, but I still cannot break out of my shell and be comfortable around others it used to be just girls but now its both.

I feel this site could help me maybe be more open, and find free information cause I feel all the helpful stuff cost money...I never can find free information.

I also like to help people I've always wanted to be a psychologist or work in that field but I think my anxiety disorder has stopped me from even trying, it prevents me from doing alot. But I think I can be helpful for the stuff I've been through and the techniques i have found to work.

I am really glad I could find a forum with people with similar situations.

thanks you for your time...peace,
Aaron.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Aaron, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah, I know what you mean. I also lost all my close friendships and isolate myself at home most of the time.

I also was interested in pursuing a career in psychology to help others and then was discouraged that I wouldn't be able to anymore.

However, when you overcome this, having this experience will make you better qualified for the job because you will have a better idea how to help clients with similar phobias/anxiety disorders! So, that dream is not dead.

Welcome and hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, AaHe! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts