Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Steve, i'm 22 & i'm from the UK.

I'll keep it as simple as possible.
I'm 22, have had no friends since i was maybe fifteenish, as i've always been scared of being humiliated. It started in school, where i would bunk off to avoid certain classes like english just incase i got picked out by the teachers. My level of avoidance has rose ever since.

I was forced to get a job by my parents. I just couldn't have handled college. I've gotten used to the people and the job, made a girlfriend in my job but that ended a few months ago. And now i just feel lonely, depressed, trying to be positive. But i feel like i'm fooling myself thinking i'll be ok. I want a life, i haen't got one, and i feel so restricted with myself.

I feel like my zest for life has just diminished, i want friends but i don't think i'd have anything to offer them. Just a bit stumped as to what to do know.

I've never been a gp for how i'm feeling, but i'm considering it, what i'd say i don't know!

I would love do some sort of activity,sporting maybe, or join some other sort of club wher i would meet people. But it just fills me with dread, and i've avoided it for so many years, i feel i just can't do it.

Anyway, hello! If you could offer advice i'd really appreciate it.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Steve, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, SteC! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel