Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is technically my second post here.

Why did I join the site?

I believe that I have social anxiety if not other personality disorders.

I'm not going to type some huge intro here because I'm sure I'll be able to explain everything throughout different threads.

Any, a brief intro to my anxiety:

When I was younger, like all of elementary/middle school/some of high school, I was made fun of. I don't really remember why because I don't like to think about it because there is no reason to. So, now, I'm 19 years old, and if not 5 times a day random people comment on how good looking I am. I look at myself in the mirror and know that I am very "good looking", but it's like I'm not really looking at myself. It's like it's not really me in the mirror. So, I envision myself as confident, and sometimes I am, but then sometimes I am not. At jobs I find it really easy to meet people (even though I never really get anyone's phone numbers or anything we still talk/hang out while at work), but at school it's a different story. Even though I could easily walk into a class room and use my looks/intelliegence to get everyone to like me, I just can't do it for some reason. I don't know what the deal is. I guess I am afraid of rejection or something, and even though I don't really think about it, maybe being bullied when I was younger has changed my self-perceptive views.

Anyway, this looks like it could be a helpful site, and even though my anxiety isn't REALLY inhibiting by life, I am looking forward to any and all help I can get from this forum.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey RevisionOnTwo welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, RevisionOnTwo! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel