Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I go by Niku online. I've been anxious all of my life, though I was diagnosed with social anxiety two years ago and have been on medicine and a lot of chamomile tea to help. Nothing really seems to work, but I keep trying.

I got my GED when I was 16 and immediately started community college. The first semester was too much though, and my anxiety gave me reason to avoid and drop classes. I felt like such a disappointment then, and that feeling has stayed with my since. I attempted another semester, but that was even worse. I had a psychotic break, social anxiety, paranoia, and auditory hallucinations. This past spring semester I took a break from school-related activities, and while I was at first trying to help myself, I became as reclusive as ever. Despite this, I have applied for the fall semester, which starts on Monday, and right now I feel like that may have been a huge mistake.

So I decided to join an anxiety support forum. Maybe, just maybe, the support here will help me better control my anxious impulses. It's always comforting to know you're not the only one in the world chewing your cuticles off.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey niku welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Niku! :)