Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading though some of the posts here and I have to say that I can relate to a lot of what other people are saying. I've dealt with this issue of social phobias for a long time now. I've have struggled to overcome it. I think I have come a long way, but I can't seem to figure out how to end the loneliness. I feel that I'm a very outgoing person, but in the end, and deep down, I have the belief that I'm unlikeable. Even though I know this is not a reasonable conclusion, I can't shake it. I just can't believe that someone would enjoy being with me for me. It leaves me feeling completely depressed. I'm happy that I've found this forum where other people are struggling with some of the same issues. I know I'm not alone. I'm hoping that maybe I can find some answers here. Maybe I can even lend a few myself.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey FrustratedAndConfused welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, FrustratedAndConfused! :)

·
Still Running
387 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your not alone here on this site.

·
Registered
866 Posts
welcome man, i share some of the same issues. i get so depressed sometimes, but ya know, life goes on! i hope you find you path.

peace

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

hey
i can completely understand your problem. you are not alone. this problem really stops one from living.

i too have been suffering from it since childhood but got to know about it just 1 year back. got married and 8 months into marriage my husband threatens me to leave. i feel alone and worthless. he says i dont behave properly with everyone. he doesnt understand social anxiety as a problem and accepts me to perform in a social situation, miniutes before i had a panic attack in another large group social situation.

i feel defeated in life. what kind of mother will i make? i have lost hope in life. it feels suffocating. i am now-a-days seeing a psychiatrist but because of regular fights with my husband whatever little progress i make goes into the drain because he expects me to behave perfectly from day 1.

on top of that i am assuming (do to lack of interest in life) that i am suffering from depression. also low self-esteem and self-worth are by products of this.

but on a positive note i am happy that i can vent out my feelings to a group of people who will understand me, who go through the same thing. its hard to know that i am alone and i am weird and strange and unworthy of anyone's love and respect.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi FrustratedAndConfused, I know exactly how you are feeling. I too feel like I want to be outgoing, but don't know how to make friends, so feel very lonely. I convinced myself over a number of years that I too am an unlikable person, but the people I have become friends with on this site have proven to me that this isn't true. It means so much to know there are people around the world who like me and want to talk to me, even if we are too far apart to actually meet up. I hope you too find friends by being on this site - i'm sure you will :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts