Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Uylsses, believe or not that is my real name. -it's pretty dated by modern standards- Anyway, I didn't even know about social anxiety until today. I came here in looking for answers for why I respond the way I do in certain social situations. So I'm here to hopefully find these answers and to help improve my life a little.

I don't really want to give a huge story but I'm a senior in high school. I am completely straight edge because of my anxiety so any relief that would come from any sort of substance would almost certainly be null because I have such bad anxiety. I don't really care if people do drugs, but its just not for me. But up until 6 months ago all my friends were like that. None of us wanted to do it but no one really cared about other kids at school doing them. Then two of my best friends followed by a whole host of other friends got into weed. Even though they say they are not drugies, all they talk about now is the next time their going to get together to smoke. And after recent events I can now no longer even be in their prescense without feeling awkward or out of place -thus escalating my previous anxiety to a whole new level-. But as I stated before I hope to find some support here on the forums. Thanks for listening.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Uylsses, welcome to :sas

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Welcome Uylsses, I like your name. :)
My group of friends in the later stages of high school weren't that interested in drinking and then they had this gathering where they all got drunk and from then on they'd always have to drink at every gathering they had. Drinking makes me feel depressed so I avoid it and it's awkward when they're all drunk. So I kind of know how you feel.

·
Half way there
428 Posts
Nice name. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome Uylsses! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts