Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
P4
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Judy (I'm using Judi in forums), I'm 21 from Melbourne Australia. I've only found out about this condition a few days ago from youtube videos, so I know little about it and how to deal with it. However I believe I have all the symtoms, The worst of it being unable to strike up or continue a conversation with someone I don't know, unable to contribute in group discussions even when I have something I really want to say, and various other problems that's too long to discuss in an intro. What's bothering me right now is that the worry about my future and lack of social life, I don't think I can continue the way I am especially without family, it's affecting my studies so much that it caused me to fail several times. Furthermore I'm consistently considering changing courses to do something that'll be mentally easier for me in the future. Even though I really don't want to be like this anymore ><

I have to say I'm really glad there's a name for this because all this time I thought it was regular shyness and no-one has pointed it out to me before. I have never met a person with the same thoughts as mine, and I'm quite surprised there's so many out there like me. I hope I can meet new people here and make friends :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Judi,

I've known I had this condition for a few years, but I'm only starting to do something about it now. I think that's awesome that you're doing something about it now.
What are you studying? I'm also trying meet some people and make friends on here...it's a little hard, but I've met some really cool ones. Feel free to send me a PM anytime you like!

Bye for now

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Judy :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts