Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I came across this forum a little while ago and have done a wee bit of lurking from time to time. I can't remember how I came across the place but I think it was through a recommendation from somewhere.

Well I have had SA since about the age of 13 and I am now in my early 30's. Oddly enough I was very gregarious and social prior to this and I have no idea why it occurerd. There was no trigger or event that brought it on but I can still remember the day when it began to rear it's ugly head. It started as a personal descision that I was going to withdraw from being central to various social groups I was with which for some reason gradually developed into SA.

I have had some really good jobs in the past but have ended up either walking out or being sacked usually for drug / alcohol abuse which I would often use as a copeing mechanism because of the stress caused by SA combined with work. I am not working at the moment and haven't for a while and really need to get my act together again because I desperately need some cash :afr. But the thought of it right now stresses me out.

Currently I am not receiving any treatment because of the uselessness of the UK NHS in treating SA. I've been through the usual stuff you're all probably familiar with - group therapy, CBT and SSRIs - none of which did anything to resolve the problem.

Anyway thats enough for now....

/waves :)

Sean

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sean welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·