Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I'm horrible with introductions, but I guess I'll give it a go. I'm a twenty year old female, diagnosed with bipolar disorder and social anxiety that is ruining what is left of my life. I really don't know how I got to this point, somehow I went from the girl everyone wanted, to the girl afraid of the thought of having a conversation. I started therapy when I was eleven, I've dealt with clinical depression, self mutilation and anorexia nervosa. I can't deal with this. I am married to a social butterfly, sometimes I wonder if being with me is hell. The idea of meeting new people puts me in a panic; I get sweaty, out of breath, moody and in the worst of times light headed. My fear that leads to panic turns into anger, anger that most of the time I cannot control. I have been taking lithium for about eight months now, my mood swings have calmed down for the most part, but my anxiety seems to be getting worse. I want to be able to go out with friends, to meet my husband's co-workers, to live a normal life. I'm tired of being afraid.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Irene welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Ubercake! :)