Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I have had social anxiety probably as far back as I could remember. I remember being in class in elementary school and just hoping that the teacher would not call on me. I was afraid to talk in class. And we had these reading exercises that we had to do out loud. And I was so terrified of reading in front of the class. As years went on, I can remember making friends was not easy for me. Trying to go up to a possible friend and trying to start up a conversation just scared me to death. I was afraid that they would think that I was stupid or something if I didn't say the right thing or do the right thing. I am 34 yrs old now and I still find myself struggling to speak to people that I just met and start up a conversation with them. I always have the fear that they will think that I am stupid or I couldn't keep the conversation going. I am glad that I found this forum. I hope that I can get support and give support to others. And make some friends along the way.

beachgrrl:)

·
Banned
15 Posts
Hey, pleased to meet you =)

I think you'll find that your problems are quite commonplace and therefore a remedy isn't as elusive as you might think. Though we might have difficulties in real life communications, I think you'll find that most people here are quite open, friendly, and chatty. =) So please enjoy your stay!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Nan :wel

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

Sounds much like my own experiences at school.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You :eek:)

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful welcome. I know that I have found the right place. I hope to meet some friends and share my experiences with SA. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi beachgrrl :wel

I graduated HS in chesapeake va near va beach.
Best memories I have

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, BeachGrrl! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts