Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Paulina and 20 years old. I'm from Toronto, Ontario. I have social anxiety. I hardly had friends in high school and only talk to couple of them hardly.Went through first year of university making a good amount of friends, and going to lots of events (all I was drunk at!). Then during exams, I was depressed and cut the world off. Came out of depression, making only one friend (who is also depressed and still is!). Now I bored at home, watching tv all day! I have a facebook account that I never go on or update any of my pics. I never go on msn messenger. People think I'm either awkward and boring/bored or b*itchy and depressed. I can't talk to strangers at all. I hardly say what's on my mind and I hate all social events if I'm not drunk. In my first university presentation (it was only 2 minutes long) , I was shaking uncontrollably even though I prepared a million times. Oh and I'm not looking forward to second year of uni!!!!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi cutey130 :wel

You're not a loser. If anything giving presentations is one of the most common things people have anxieties about. So you are in very good company.

I'm glad you found this place and hopefully you'll find it a positive experience.
Best wishes

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel Paulina. I'm Karl.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Paulina, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts