Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. My name's Kate, and I feel incredibly strange introducing myself, even on the internet. I've had issues with social anxiety ever since I can remember, but was only diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder several years ago, not to mention depression. At first, my doctor thought I may have had Asperger's Syndrome, but I really don't think that I have enough of the symptoms, other than social impairments and hypersensitivity.
The last time that I can remember having a solid group of friends (a small group, but they were there) was when I was 14 years old; the majority of them moved away, and those that were left became tired of my pessimistic mentality, and my awkward nature. Now I am 21, attending college, and have barely any social connections. I'm actually ashamed of myself a lot of the time, as I believe that I lack a ton of life experience. I feel like I'm already rambling on too much here, so I'll try to wrap this up.
In the past several years, I've become more and more reclusive, which is my own fault, but upsets me nonetheless. It seems that the only people who I can talk to without turning bright red are my family, my therapist, and a few friends who I still see now and then. Even then, I tend to be very paranoid and nervous, and as cliche as it may sound, I can hardly make eye contact.
Sorry for babbling so much. Anyway, I'm glad I found this site. I've read through many of the forum posts, and I was so relieved to see how many other people deal with this every day. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Kate :wel

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ClearlyObscure! :)