Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Hello

586 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  TorLin 
#1 ·
G'Day.

My name's Adam I have SA and my eye is really itchy at the moment. :sus

I am 19 and currently residing in Australia, presently I am studying to be teacher at university (yeah I know... strange choice for someone with SA, eh?). I joined this forum because I thought it would be effective to speak with people who've had similar experiences as I have.

Well, I suppose I ought to give a little background information; my mum lives in another country with her husband, and my dad lives here with my older brother and soon with his new wife and her son. I'm currently living with my grandparents (don't laugh at me! :p). I've had symptoms of SA for as long as I can remember; all through my school life I had very few friends, none whom I felt very comfortable hanging around with. I was one of those students who would sit alone in the library reading a book at lunch. Luckily I managed to make it through to university, despite having an extremely high truancy rate at school; I actually dropped out in year 11 but managed to drag myself back. I decided shortly after starting my university education that if I am going to be a teacher, I'll need to be able to cope in a social atmosphere. Since then I have started up a reasonably successful social club and have begun volunteer work at a local school (my old high school as it happens) among other things as attempts to force myself to be more social. I have also made a few friends, some of whom I actually hang out with! I am very introverted most of the time and I usually prefer to be alone. I still have problems with SA, but things are improving.

Anyway, that's enough said, I look forward to getting to know people here! :boogie

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome ^_^ it's almost questionable as to why you are here as you seem to be doing some great things to improve your life :) lol, hope all goes well with your plans and all, and we of the forum will always provide what support or feedback we can. take care and see you round bub

#4 ·
Hey Adam, welcome to :sas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.