Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I stumbled upon this website whilst searching about social anxiety. I decided to join after reading a few posts and seeing how friendly the people were. While I haven't actually been clinically diagnosed with Social Anxiety, I can relate to the problems that people are faced with when dealing with the disorder.

Just a quick background, I've had social troubles for as long as I remember, I've always been reserved and shy in social contexts, (although once I'm comfortable with someone I can be myself, which takes a VERY long time). I've had trouble with my weight in the past, even though I'm within a healthy range at the moment, I still suffer from poor self-body image and get really conscious when going to beaches or pools. I tend to be incredibly intimidated when with a group of people and often my mind draws blanks and I'm unable to converse and end up being reserved.

Anyway I'm going to wrap up because I think I've said a bit too much for an introduction, but just wanted to say hi :) and looking forward to reading about some of your stories.

· Banned
177,635 Posts
Hey Adelleda, welcome to :sas

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Welcome Adelleda! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.