Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Among the ashes
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m glad to have found this site.

My social anxiety was at its worst when I was 16/17 years old. I'd lost all contact with my only best friend and was having a hard time with school and with making new friends or speaking with strangers. I eventually fell into a really bad period of depression- from avoiding contact with others and isolating myself as much as I had. When things were bad enough and I pretty much felt finished with it all, I convinced myself to ask for help as a last hope really. I feel weird for saying these things now... I've been on Zoloft for almost two years, and recently started going to therapy again. I have no social life and feel frustrated with myself at times for admitting I really don’t want one anymore. It’s like I’ve almost resigned to being in this darkened place in my mind, where I say it’s alright to avoid other people and situations forever. That anything else would be so much worse, you know?

Anyway, I’m sorry if I sound too negative here, and if I don’t make very much sense. I do hope to have some friends one day here at this site. I just think it’s time I talked more honestly about my social anxiety.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I experienced the worst of my social anxiety at 17 as well. Like you I lost contact with my best friend but by some strike of luck I bumped into him recently after not seeing him for 3 years. I hope you can see him again someday.

How did the Zoloft work? I tried it also but it mostly made me sick and I felt terrible and stopped taking it. I won't go into detail here about my problems but if you would like to talk sometime I would be happy to share stories with you.

I understand that you want to avoid people to avoid being hurt, it is good you are here talking so you can build self confidence with other people and gain strength from knowing you aren't alone. I am trying to do that myself and trying to help people with my compassion and support, hoping it will help me in turn.

Don't worry about being negative, practically everyone here has trouble staying positive :lol and yes you make very much sense and I am sure many others can relate with you. I would be honored to be your friend if you would like to talk sometime.

Best of luck to you!

-Cas

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Dying note, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Welcome, DyingNote! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.