Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Hello!

209 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  norabrighton0
Hello all! Hopefully I am posting in the right place.
My name is Nora. I am new here. I am a 41yr old from Canada. I have struggled with Social Anxiety since childhood. I am looking for a place to de-brief a bit after the odd routine social interaction and get support.
I even have fear making brief small talk with friendly and nice people. I always am afraid afterwards about how I may have come across to them, etc., even though most times everything turns out fine. I wish it didn't still affect me so much afterwards.
Anyways, I wish you all luck as well with this.
I think I really need a social anxiety support buddy to talk (or via text or email) to after an interaction, haha. Hopefully this forum will help.
Reactions: 3
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Welcome, Nora. :)
Ah ya, the constant ruminating after talks with anyone. Been there today from coming back from store shopping. I'm a little opposite, I tend to small talk or well a short 3 word chat to make someone's day. But I do come home and stress over it for the rest of the day like you say you would as well.

Welcome, nice to meet you!
Reactions: 1
Ah ya, the constant ruminating after talks with anyone. Been there today from coming back from store shopping. I'm a little opposite, I tend to small talk or well a short 3 word chat to make someone's day. But I do come home and stress over it for the rest of the day like you say you would as well.

Welcome, nice to meet you!
Thanks Nic! It's nice to know I'm not alone in that regarding small talk. Yes, usually stress and need to de-brief afterwards for reassurance. I wish there was some kind of hotline to call for that purpose. Might shorten the time in rumination post-interaction, lol. Thankful to find this space.
Thank you, RSxo :) Happy to be here.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts