Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I found this forum a while ago and i just didn't have it in me to join, well now i do.

I am too different, and it's not right, it's not fair i have to be like this. My whole life i have to make friends by lying, being someone completely different, someone who I'm not. And i don't like it!, but theirs no one like me, i am a deep thinker, i think too deep. All i do with the rest of my life is pretend and imagine I'm someone who I'm not. And it pains me that reality catches up with me, i play too much games and watch too many movies, because i like to visualize and imagine myself in those scenarios. Family have given up on me, I'm too scared to take on the real world such as get a job, I'm terrified what people think about me. I'm on a college IT course, and i hate it, I'm only doing it to shut people up so they don't think I'm just lazing around all day. I have a huge passion in writing, I'm fascinated with imagination and the fact we all grasp creation in our own minds, because it's such a powerful tool.

I've also written a lot of stories and ideas, and when i visualize it, it's like magic, like my old pathetic life doesn't even exist, it gets me away from the horrible reality and the boring dull life i have. I would love to be a writer but I'm just to scared to go on with it, as in doing it for a living. It's scary to think that i might get turned down because it's not good enough, and that would be the death of me, because it's the only meaning i have to my life, the only thing which could be a potential destiny if that.

I joined this forum seeking not only help but friends and other people who are similar at least and have similar issues.

·
Registered
338 Posts
:wels

I did a lot of pretending in my life and it always turned out horribly. It is better to work on being comfortable with who you are and being truthful. I hope you enjoy your time here and find it beneficial. Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
you are just like the younger version of me. i am also from IT school, also watch a lot of movie and also play a lot of mmorpg. the main difference is I do not think myself is pathetic or having a pathetic life. the main different is I consistently work hard by myself.

let me teach you how you should think. first of all, you should think you are a hardworking person. no matter how people judge you or contempt you, you no need to give a **** how they think. all you do is hardworking. for example, you like writing. all you need to do is keep writing. and keep writing. writing is your life now. with support from you IT background, your story should be very creative and very interesting.

i know everyone afraid to lose. everyone does. but no pay no gain. what you should do is "JUST DO IT". do not use your mind to hesitate. use your mind to write a story. after you successful completed a story. you will be very happy. even though other people do not like the story. you will be still very proof from what you did. because it is all your hardworking result. just like the rock say: it doesn't matter how other think. what matter is how you think. :yes

I am Jack, from Malaysia. I am currently 30 years old and a young millionaire. My family is very poor, my father is a dickhead (bankrupted), my mother is a selfish women. I came from a broken family. But I never give up on myself. That is why I am a millionaire at such a young age.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Tyson James welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, TysonJames! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been very afraid to come back on here and see the answers, but thank you for the very warm welcomes, and to answer you back BVC100 thank you so much, it's very helpful and instead of coming on here and feeling sad all day you've made my day much more happier and much easier.

I have to find the strenght inside of me, sometimes my anger is my motivation but it is not the key to happyness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts