Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is new for me. I've never really been one to post anything on forums. Even writing this I feel very self conscious. I've always been shy in most situations but I feel like it has been getting worse the past couple of years since I started university. I'm just really uncomfortable around people. I haven't really made any friends at university. There are people at school I will say hi to if I see them, but I'm not comfortable being around them for an extended period of time. I often avoid them so I don't have to deal with the awkward interaction. All of my friends from high school seem to have made new friends at university and I don't think they would understand what I'm going through.

·
The Beautiful Struggle
197 Posts
Hey Dj21 im glad you took the first step and decided to post something about yourself, that took a lot of courage. when it comes to making friends its not the easiest thing to do so why don't you try and hang with your old friend from high school?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey DJ21 welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Dj21 im glad you took the first step and decided to post something about yourself, that took a lot of courage. when it comes to making friends its not the easiest thing to do so why don't you try and hang with your old friend from high school?
That's a good suggestion it's just difficult because we go to school in different cities so I don't see them very often.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi DJ21, R there any clubs or social groups in university u cud join? Do u have any hobbies/ interests? It might be difficult going along at first but once u go along the first time and get to know a few people it should get easier. Hope things work out!

·
The Beautiful Struggle
197 Posts
That's a good suggestion it's just difficult because we go to school in different cities so I don't see them very often.
Understandable, if you have their numbers maybe you can link up with them on the weekends and study of just hang out. Who knows they may bring a new friend along and thats would be one of the best ways to make new friends by having someone your already comfortable with introduce you to someone new.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, DJ21! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts