Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea where I start....

I like to read. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book.
I love all things pink.
I love fall and winter cause the clothes are amazing even though I hate being cold.
I love both coffee and tea the same....even though I seem to be drinking a lot more tea,

I'm not 100% sure that I have social anxiety...I have started going to a therapist I've only gone about three times so far. I decided to start seeking help after I tried to kill mysel(I haven't told anyone in my real life...the only people that know is my mom and the people she told with her big mouth). Don't worry I won't go in to detail I read the rules...even though I was going to tell it in a funny way.

At the moment I'm jobless(aka big loser). But I'm "looking". It takes a lot of me pumping myself up to go outside...I'll go weeks with out leaving my house. I'll get dressed up do my makeup and hair and tell myself "Let's go you can do it...we're just going down the street!" and sometimes I do go...sometimes I just can't get myself to leave and I make tea and hide in my bed.

I'm a very happy person though...and I hate that I come off as rude when I'm around people and don't talk.

I'm really not a rude/mean person if you ever need a kidney I'll be the first person to say, "You can have that guys!"

I do have goals and here they are
GED
Get a Car
Start school (I want to be a dental hygienist)
Move out
Do a lot of volunteer work

It kind of sucks that I'm 20 years old and have nothing to show for it. But its my life and its up to me to make it worth living.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Hey there firstly you are not a looser, things take time. Secondly welcome, I hope this place can be of some help to you

J.x

·
Add me/PM me, let's talk!
1,072 Posts
Hello and welcome to SAS! I really to think that you have honestly made a good step towards starting a new life with being able to cope through anxiety and any other issues that you might be experiencing and also a very great step in being able to outline the goals that you have. I do think that it would be good to sit back and contemplate on those goals and think of several different steps on how you can achieve these goals and which one has priority to achieve first. Everyone here is very friendly and supportive and it helps to have others that are also going through similar issues. I hope that you do find this forum to be beneficial to you and if you need anyone to talk to and a friend you can send me a PM on here and also a friend request. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey :) Welcome to the forum.

You're in a very similar position to many on here. It definitely sounds like some sort of anxiety. It may be Generalised Anxiety Disorder rather than direct Social Anxiety. That's what I have. The social part just plays a big part, which is why I'm here.

Hopefully you'll find some help in this forum. Just find the right category and explain your story and the questions you have - not many people reply to intro threads so you'd have better luck in other sections.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey OutrageouslyAdorable welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, OutrageouslyAdorable! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts