Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this site. Thank you everyone for sharing. It helps to able to relate to what you guys have to say in this forum.

·
Tormented Artist
239 Posts
I know!! I was surprised to see this even existed and that so many people suffered from itxD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I am 39 yrs old now, much much better in coping with SAD compare when I was younger (started during middle school). I can remember in school how much I wanted to just speak but just can't. How I was able to go through many school days without speaking one single word. As many posters here, just living in my lonely world, not able to share with classmates. It was very painful and heavy to live with SAD, especially at such a young age. I was not able to tell anyone (including parents) because I was a shame and afraid they will not understand. Now I can say I am 90% better. I can pretty much do almost anything a person without SAD can. This doesn't mean I like doing them, but I can certainly do them without fear. One thing I still can not do is stand in front of a group of strangers and talk. That's why I can only claim I am 90% better. It is not easy to subdue SAD (it will always be part of me), but overtime with life experience, your brain will naturally change. What I mean by this is sooner or later you will find SA is illogical base on your life experience interacting with people. SA will become less and less in you eventually. Sorry for the long ramble.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey cleanandsimple welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, CleanAndSimple! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts