Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um... hi lol :) Not sure what to say, but I've known about this place for a while and I thought it was about time to join up. My social problems have always been present, but it's only really in the last couple of years that things have started to get tough. As a child I was fairly normal, but at secondary school, my passivity got me the wrong friends - people who weren't fit to call themselves friends at all.
As a 13 year old, I was understandably eager to have a girlfriend, but the one I ended up with was awful. I won't go into specifics as I know now that it wasn't entirely her fault that she was such a terrible person, but she was just the type who preys on shy people like me, very manipulative and selfish. Although I am now rid of her, her condescension and clinginess have left their impacts; I believe it was she who set off my SA symptoms. With little self-esteem or confidence in myself, I began college - and now, two years on, I'm at university, facing a restrained and unfulfilling future, unless I can turn things around.
So that's what I'm here to try to do :boogie I want to find out who I am, and gain the confidence to enjoy a fuller life, without worrying about my introversion. I'll also do anything I can to help you guys towards your goals too; if there's any advice I can give, I'll be happy to help :D So there you have it! Here's to the future! :thanks

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Paul, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Pastell2311! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts