Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ready to conquer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The activation mail said I should post here first, so, hey!

Since I never talk about it to anyone (except for my boyfriend the past few days) I want to tell my little story, and I hope I will feel relieved afterwards haha.

I'm from Belgium, by the way (;

I have struggled with SAD for years but apparently no one ever told me. A week or two/three ago I decided I wanted to CHANGE. I don't want to be this anti-social anymore (as I named it for years, my boyfriend even told me once I could be autistic and I actually thought the same thing). So I started roaming the Internet to find... Well, I don't know what I hoped to find.

I came across several sites but the site that really 'did it all' was https://socialanxietyinstitute.org/living-with-social-anxiety this one.

With every line i read I was like 'what... this.. is just me.' Everything I could not explain for years and years and everything that hold me back was written down like it was nothing. Someone explained what I never could.

It took me three days of bravery before I mentioned it to my mom, who simply said she knew all along but thought I would be able to live with it. I'm 20, clearly I can't 'just learn to live with it'. So now I'm taking life in my own hands, and this forum is a part of my journey.

So, hey :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found it.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Triptune! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts