Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on this site a while ago, and then I stopped frequenting it. I'm here again, and I feel like social anxiety is starting to overwhelm me again. For the past year or so, I've been pretty good and somewhat outgoing. However, I feel like all that is changing now, for some reason. I'm going to university in about two months, and I think it might be due to that, since I'll be introduced to an entirely new environment, wherein I won't know anyone. It's scary.

My social anxiety comes and goes, but it gets pretty crippling when it hits me. I get it really bad during summer when I have nothing to do, and I'm the type of person who's too afraid to do something new (but really wants to). During the school year, I'm alright, as I'm forced to interact with people and I'm constantly reminded that social interactions aren't that bad. But since it's summer, I've cooped myself in my home for about two weeks now (since the end of the school year). I want to go out and find a summer job or volunteer somewhere so I'm forced to go out & face my fears, but I'm really scared.

Anyway, hi again! I just turned eighteen but don't feel old. I'm already missing my formative years. I like to read, write, and sleep. I used to love fiction, but currently I'm liking non-fiction more so for some reason. My favourite TV shows include Game of Thrones (it's amazing and I'm so sad it's over for the year), Orphan Black (those interested in sci-fi should definitely give this a look), American Horror Story, & my new favourite show, Penny Dreadful (horror/mystery fans should definitely give this show a try). Um. I don't know what else to say, I'm pretty bad at introductions. Uh... let's see: I'm going to be studying Psychology in about two months at university (how ironic, right?), and I'm super excited for that. I've always been interested in the field. I hope it's fun!

That's all I can think about. Hi everyone! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey mellifluous! Welcome back. :) I can relate to your post, sometimes I feel pretty confident then eventually something hits and all that confidence goes away and I feel like I have to hide myself again. I'm sure you'll be able to find support here. :)

·
Attention Def..OMG KITTY!
380 Posts
Welcome back mellifluous! Best of luck at Uni!!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Mellifluous! :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
:wels I started orphan black, I need to binge watch it :) and I don't have cable access to Game of Thrones, but I watched the first couple seasons and liked it a lot!!
Psychology would be very interesting to study!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts