Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Michelle. I am 20 years old and am currently employed by the United States Air Force. I have been seeing a therapist since my most recent sexual assault in 2012. Recently, I went to an outside DBT program and they diagnosed me with bipolar disorder, social anxiety and PTSD. However, the military retracted the diagnoses and said that I have dependent personality disorder, social anxiety and borderline personality disorder. I don't really know what to believe, all I know is that I want to get better. I am recently married and my illness seems to be taking a toll on my extremely new marriage. I'm easily angered, have multiple panic attacks a week and have suicidal tendencies. I'm hoping to make some friend on this forum that will understand what I am going though and that may be able to give me advice on my illness.
Look forward to talking to you,
Michelle

·
Registered
649 Posts
HI Michelle. I am sorry to hear about all that you are going through.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Michelle. I've worked with veterans who suffer PTSD, so I'm familiar w/ what you're going through. I've also struggled w/ SA and some people very close to me are sexual assault victims. I'm incredibly sorry to hear what you're going through. Feel free to PM me, and I'm sure there's plenty of others on this forum who will be understanding and helpful as well!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, KeepCalmAndHockeyOn! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts