Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been here for about a day and made a few posts here and there so far. Almost forgot to introduce myself :lol.

I had SA in highschool, but since then I've made many improvements. I've been dealing with depression, SA, and the frustrations caused by them mainly alone for these years. I haven't taken meds for anything before but I intend on getting CBT soon (I've been reading a book on it and applying it so far). I'm 18 years old and my SA began at around 15 years old. I'm right now in university in a computer oriented program.

Most of my SA and depressive symptoms have improved over time but I still tremble sometimes in unusual social situations. I am sometimes self-conscious and a bit fixated with improving myself/situation. I am naturally an affectionate person but all I have been through has left me quite irritable. Currently I don't feel many emotions and I am lacking motivation for life.

I usually enjoy learning new concepts, so I spend a lot of time reading. I am naturally computer oriented and I tend to think in a logical/systematic way. I also have an affinity for building/designing, which is why I enjoy Computer Programming (haven't done that in awhile).

I used to be an extreme video gamer. Once ago during summer vacation I played Runescape for 14 hours a day. Now I don't play video games often, in fact I avoid them.

I also enjoy music. Nowadays I listen almost strictly to classical music, though I'm willing to experiment with other genres, depending on the quality. I bought a guitar recently and I'm learning to play it. I have also been going to the library almost daily to read books on music theory. I have hopes of playing and composing music for classical guitar, and later on symphonies and other forms.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome. Glad you are here and posting!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Sonic431! :)

·
Serial Killer
108 Posts
Hi Sonic 431! I've had SA since middle school, due to bullying. But now in high school in isn't as bad. But I still face trouble making eye contact, it makes me feel weird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts