Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here I am. Finally, I'm making a post on this website. I stumbled across it about a month ago and have been lurking ever since. I don't really know what to say now that I'm here. I guess I'll start with a quick introduction. My name is Danny. I have been dealing with shyness and social anxiety for as long as I can remember. I consider myself pretty outgoing with people I know, but when it comes to meeting new people, I freeze up and act all awkward. I keep telling myself I'll grow out of it, but each day has been the same for seven years now. I don't know when, or if, it will ever change. It's gotten to the point where I just plan on being awkward and expect every new social encounter to go wrong. Is that a bad thing?

I never expected to find a place like this. I'm look forward to meeting new people here, people who understand where I'm coming from and people that will hopefully help me get through this crazy life.

So, here's to the future. Thanks for reading. :)

·
text ghost
717 Posts
It's gotten to the point where I just plan on being awkward and expect every new social encounter to go wrong. Is that a bad thing?
It might keep you safe for a while, but "safe" isnt always the most fulfilling in life.
Welcome :)

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
Your user name is a common format for aircraft registration, though the plane N172DM is in Wyoming, not Colorado.

I've got a pilot's license, but haven't flown in years.

Just curious about the basis of your id.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good advice, Altghost. Thanks.

Thank you apx24 and boulder257 for the warm welcome.

Just curious about the basis of your id.
Hi. I am actually taking flying lessons now. 2DM was the aircraft I began in. The last two numbers happened to be my initials, so that N-number has stayed with me for sometime. Unfortunately, just recently,the flying club I am a member of sold a few airplanes, including 2DM, to a Wyoming company.

Cheers, everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just noticed your avatar. Are you in EMS? I'm a recently licensed EMT starting medic school next Tuesday.
I am a licensed first responder. Not an an EMT yet, but in August I'll hopefully be starting EMT training through the community college I'll be attending. It's a tough career choice, especially for someone with SA, but it's what I want to do so I'm gonna make it work.

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
I am a licensed first responder. Not an an EMT yet, but in August I'll hopefully be starting EMT training through the community college I'll be attending. It's a tough career choice, especially for someone with SA, but it's what I want to do so I'm gonna make it work.
Great for you...I responded to your post on the other thread and I actually think it can be a great choice. It will be more of a challenge for me to handle coworkers, socially, but that is most every job.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, N172DM! :)

·
Serial Killer
108 Posts
Hi Danny! Don't worry, I'm socially awkward too. Wouldn't it be funny if you saw me going five different directions in school because I'm trying to avoid certain people? Oh SA, what a great benefit you are to my life. (Sarcasm intended)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great for you...I responded to your post on the other thread and I actually think it can be a great choice. It will be more of a challenge for me to handle coworkers, socially, but that is most every job.
Yea, that's how I feel too. Any job will involve talking to people. Might as well make it one I enjoy.

Thanks for the welcomes, Millenniumman75 and katx. By the way katx, nice song quotes for your signature. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts