Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thought of doing this makes me want to throw up, but here we go.

I am 23 and I've had social anxiety since I was 12. I think I can pinpoint a few reasons as to why I have this problem, but it hasn't helped me overcome it. I've tried numerous doctors over the years, but it didn't help much. I usually left with a terrible experience and it pushed me further into fear. I started going to a therapist a few months ago. It's kind of left me with the same feeling. We're not meshing well. I know I need to find someone else, but that thought is terrifying. About two years ago I moved 2,000 miles away from my family because of my husbands job. The anxiety has only doubled since. It's so disheartening, but I'm glad I found this forum. I've been lurking for a few days and I finally got the courage to say hi and introduce myself. So, Hi!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello and welcome, I'm glad you found the courage to say something, you have just as much right as everyone else to be heard. Being away from your family must be extremely hard, I say this as a person with SA who will be doing the same as you in a couple months, in terms of moving away. I won't lie the thought of it makes my stomach turn because although I've had my ups and downs with my family, they are the only people that have been consistent in my life. Moving away from a place I call "home" will be another gigantic issue that I will find hard to swallow but anyway enough about me. I'm so sorry you had to try so many different things that didn't work, let's hope that this helps you out in the way you desire it to.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, MagnoliaJane! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts