Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
triumph of stupid
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this website and thought I would join. Looking forward to reading all the posts. I suffer from SAS, but also GAD and mild depression. Have probably suffered from this to varying degrees for many years (particularly SAS), but only within the past 5 years did the general anxiety start to get out of hand. However I believe that hormonal imbalances have a lot to do with this -- not the SAS though, I think there is probably so much more that comes into play with that. Started taking meds within the last 5 years, and currently on Cipralex (Lexapro in the US). Lowest dose possible (5mg), which is great. Fewest side effects of the ones I had tried before, but unfortunately still side effects -- weight gain, and I'm tired all the time (but that might be due to other things as well). I have morning sleep "hangover", where I find it so hard to get out of bed in the morning. I am going to try stopping the med again and perhaps switching over to 5-HTP supplementation instead, to see if that might be an adequate replacement. Don't want to be on drugs forever. But need to be able to cope at work, etc. as well. At least the Cipralex does help to reduce SAS... unfortunately it takes more than just popping a pill each day to build up a social network again and get a life! ;)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Michelle, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Pollster! :)