Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Brandon, and I'm from Richmond, Virginia. I guess I'll start by telling you a little about myself. I am currently unemployed and I am an aspiring comic book writer/artist. I hope to one day own my own comic book company along the lines of Weekly Shonen Jump (Big ups to my otakus!!!). The only thing holding me back is my fear of people.

You see I grew up in special education all my life. And people would constantly call me stupid or retarded. Even my mom and my teachers would say that! Which I now suffer from low self-esteem. After I graduated high school, I became a shut in and rarely went out unless absolutely necessary. I only held two jobs in my life, a temporary mail handler which I was constantly teased by a co-worker. Another was at a temporary Halloween store which I felt guilt about because my job was to help costumers and sell things, which I was terrible at. I current;y do not have a driver's license because I am afraid I'll get into an accident and that I'm not smart enough to drive a car. I'm also afraid of calling people or talking to anyone on the phone because I feel if I call them I'll be bothering them or they won't want to talk to me. I'm afraid of receiving call because I'm afraid I can't make an interesting conversation.

In 2005, I met a good person who became my best friend. I confided in him about my issues and he tried to help me out. I still talk to him, but now he has a girlfriend now and he spends less time with me as a result. My goal is to finally get over my fears and paranoid thoughts of people and become a productive member of my society. I'm hoping by hearing from people just like me, it will help me get over my problems. My next question is what do I do now that I've shared my story?

I thank all who reads this and I hope we can become good friends, and I'd love to hear some personal stories from others. ^_^

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, ChronoUchiha! :)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
:wels

Naruto fan, I'm guessing?

·
-------/\-------
49 Posts
Wats crackalacking? My name is Jiacintha, but you can call me by Mellowchicken or just chickie :D

I'd like to chat more.....

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Brandon, welcome to :sas

(even though this thread is over a year old now :con)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts