Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my name's Sarah and I stumbled upon this forum after googling ways to find people who identify with my hatred towards partying by simply typing in "I hate parties".

Basically, my therapist told me that I had SA when I was fourteen years old and it all seemed to make sense. I couldn't keep friends, hated going out to places, and just felt like I couldn't fit in with the other kids whatsoever. I'm eighteen now and still get anxious going out to new places and sometimes have big problems with approaching people and striking up a conversation. I feel like I have to push myself to do certain things and it's no good, I wish I had the confidence to go up to people without having to second guess myself and play out their every potential reaction in my head. I also suffer from depression and insomnia which I feel heighten my SA or at least make it more difficult to deal with.

I've been a part of forums before and I've never liked them but I thought I'd give this a shot after reading some of the topics and being able to understand what other people are going through since I am also. Sooo, hello! How are you doing on this not-quite-so-lovely day?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sarah :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there! :) Seriously, what you posted explains my life, too. School, meeting new people, and social events are overwhelming for me. I analyze practically everything, too. It sucks. :\

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Monrobot! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts