Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Madeline and I am fourteen (my profile says something much older from site precautions).

I guess I should tell you my story...
While I have not been officially diagnosed, I have been having very VERY inhibiting anxiety after a certain situation (which I believe is called non-generalized social anxiety?). Before that, I've always had a huge fear of public speaking, but this comes no where close to my problem. This little problem is stomach rumbling. A little while ago, I was sitting in class and my stomach started making noise. It was quiet, and I got a few glances. Since then, I can't sit in a quiet classroom without shaking, feeling my heart in my chest, feeling nausea, and just generally, EXTREMELY anxious. In fact, I've found that my anxiety encourages my little problem and as of now, I have trouble sleeping, waking up multiple times in the night.

My mom has been supportive, but even my constant worrying and talk over something she sees as small can drive her nuts at times. But I honestly can't help it! My brain is always on it and I can hardly think when I'm in school taking tests! We've gone to a doctor and she recommended therapy, calling me a 'Worrier'. But thanks to such a lame issue, I feel stressed ALL the time and can only rest when I am at home for the weekend (and hardly then).

SO there you have it, why I am here. Thanks for listening, I feel a bit better :) .

·
Banned
455 Posts
Hi, my name is Madeline and I am fourteen (my profile says something much older from site precautions).

I guess I should tell you my story...
While I have not been officially diagnosed, I have been having very VERY inhibiting anxiety after a certain situation (which I believe is called non-generalized social anxiety?). Before that, I've always had a huge fear of public speaking, but this comes no where close to my problem. This little problem is stomach rumbling. A little while ago, I was sitting in class and my stomach started making noise. It was quiet, and I got a few glances. Since then, I can't sit in a quiet classroom without shaking, feeling my heart in my chest, feeling nausea, and just generally, EXTREMELY anxious. In fact, I've found that my anxiety encourages my little problem and as of now, I have trouble sleeping, waking up multiple times in the night.

My mom has been supportive, but even my constant worrying and talk over something she sees as small can drive her nuts at times. But I honestly can't help it! My brain is always on it and I can hardly think when I'm in school taking tests! We've gone to a doctor and she recommended therapy, calling me a 'Worrier'. But thanks to such a lame issue, I feel stressed ALL the time and can only rest when I am at home for the weekend (and hardly then).

SO there you have it, why I am here. Thanks for listening, I feel a bit better :) .
:boogie Welcome to SAS

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for. If you need someone to talk to about (insert topic), feel free to msg me at any time.

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
Welcome to SAS!
You're welcomed here and should be able to find any support you need through the community.
Welcome again. . . .

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Maddygrl4932! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Madeline, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can easily relate to you with the whole tummy rumbling in class. Pushing down on my stomach with thumb seems to quiet the noise a little. BUT ANYWAYS.....Hey[:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts