Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Sara and I joined these forums because.. well, I just thought it would be nice to talk to the kind of people I can at least sorta relate to. So, hi! :D

I'm not sure what kind of social anxiety I might have as I have no real problems with any "official" situations that I have to be in. I study, I work and run all the everyday errands normally, I'm even a decent public speaker if I have to... But outside all of that, I'm always alone. I have no close friends and I tend to avoid all kinds of recreational activities, anything where I'm expected to be social - I've never been to a party, for example, which I suppose is a bit rare for a freshman in university. :b

I don't feel comfortable with the idea of people seeing and getting to know my "true" self, somehow. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I'm very hesitant of letting anyone get too close and I feel anxious if someone approaches me. I've always been an introvert and it hasn't particularly bothered me, but lately I just feel.. lonelier than I'd like, and I'd like to get out of my comfort zone a bit but it's difficult since I don't enjoy/am not used to "socializing" that much. :bah .. Does it even make sense, hoping to have a friend or few (or a special someone.. someday) but not wanting to socialize.. ? Hehe.

I don't even know, need to work this out in my head - perhaps you guys can help, too, so see you around!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Sara! Welcome to the Forum!:) Being a freshman in university is very exciting, even if you don't go to parties. I am in a similar position, except I'm a second year student: D, and I rarely go to any party. At least we can study what we are really interested in, and having a degree is more important than getting wasted every weekend.: D What is your major, what are you studying?: )

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Sarma! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts