Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Hello there from Australia

2K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  Catherine2010 
#1 ·
Well, hi everyone, I'm Cyanar from Newcastle, Australia. I found this website via a question link from Yahoo Answers, and I'm surprised at how alive this place is! It's lovely to see a living place with issues so familiar to me... whilst I haven't formally been diagnosed with SA, I have been recently been diagnosed with Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder in part, and I recognise the SA symptoms in myself straight away.

In all honesty, though I've been through a lot, I know that I've had problems with this all my life... I've always had shyness and peculiarities with me even before my trials. I do get afraid of people and worry about how they'll treat me(my worries haven't been unfounded, either)... yet I am one that thrives on companionship and dies without it. Through a series of setbacks I lost all of my friends in the outside world a couple of years ago, so now I mostly reside online to seek companions there, even though the solitude has accelerated my condition.

So, well... I do hope that I will enjoy my time here amongst others who understand what it is like existing with this condition. *smiles a little*

#4 ·
Hi Cyanar, i hope these forums can help you with your issues.

#5 ·
Hey Cyanar, welcome to :sas

#13 ·
Hey there everyone, thanks for making me feel welcome. :boogie

Melbourne, huh? I actually see lots of people online from Melbourne, often more than Sydney... it's interesting. :) Do Melbournians like the internet more than most Australians, I wonder?

Hello welcome im from sydney:)
welcome mate newcastle sounds like an awesome place eventhough I dont know anything about Australia.
Hey there. =) Newcastle's a nice enough place, it's really quite peaceful and not much disaster happens here... it's also warm and good for the sports minded too. Alas, there's not much here for the techno/geeky/SA side of things like me at all. Sydney's got a bit of everything going on, I believe. Makes me wish I could move down south. :)

who's that as your avatar?...not sonic eh?

I love sonic. :)

Oh..and welcome!
Close, it's Silver the Hedgehog (one of the more recent additions to the series). :) I'm a big Sonic fan too, and an avid player of the games- I chose this picture because I like the colour blue-green (Cyan) and he was glowing with that colour at the time, so since I like both Sonic and that colour, I felt it was perfect for me. :clap

#17 ·
Another Novocastrian! Amazing, I'm usually the only one of our kind on forums I go to. :yes

:wel to :sas
Newcastle- home of silverchair! :D
I have been to Newcastle before. I lived in Australia for a year- love it, hope to get citizenship someday. Random fact about me: I am Canadian, but I have an Aussie flag tattoo, lol.

Anyway, welcome, I am new here too, hope to see you around!
Hey there, and cool! :) Be sure you like a warmer climate!

#15 ·
Newcastle- home of silverchair! :D
I have been to Newcastle before. I lived in Australia for a year- love it, hope to get citizenship someday. Random fact about me: I am Canadian, but I have an Aussie flag tattoo, lol.

Anyway, welcome, I am new here too, hope to see you around!

#28 ·
Hey Cyanar, welcome to SAS. I'm new here myself and from Melb. I've suffered with depression and been diagnosed with ptsd as well. I felt I could relate to a lot of what you wrote about in your introduction. So you're not alone!

I hope you find what you are seeking here and keep fighting the good fight! Best of luck to you.

Well, hi everyone, I'm Cyanar from Newcastle, Australia. I found this website via a question link from Yahoo Answers, and I'm surprised at how alive this place is! It's lovely to see a living place with issues so familiar to me... whilst I haven't formally been diagnosed with SA, I have been recently been diagnosed with Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder in part, and I recognise the SA symptoms in myself straight away.

In all honesty, though I've been through a lot, I know that I've had problems with this all my life... I've always had shyness and peculiarities with me even before my trials. I do get afraid of people and worry about how they'll treat me(my worries haven't been unfounded, either)... yet I am one that thrives on companionship and dies without it. Through a series of setbacks I lost all of my friends in the outside world a couple of years ago, so now I mostly reside online to seek companions there, even though the solitude has accelerated my condition.

So, well... I do hope that I will enjoy my time here amongst others who understand what it is like existing with this condition. *smiles a little*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.